home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

March's New Release with Little Blue Button Stamps~

This is my 2nd Post today! For Dies R Us Challenge #68, click here!

Little Blue Button Stamps



Hello sweet friends! 
Are you enjoying some of the spring-like weather that has been slowly creeping up on us?? It has been in the 70's a bit and man, I absolutely love this weather! Before we know it, spring will be here! 

Today, I will be sharing a brand new image with you from the  March's new release. The Little Blue Button Stamps Shop has released some amazing digital stamps for this new release as always and I am super excited to share with you what I created using this adorable digital stamp called, Sophie Easter.

Here is my card!

  



Is Sophie the cutest little girl or what??!!! I just love this sweet image as it captures the innocence of that young child with those big wide eyes hoping to catch the Easter Bunny as she is collecting Easter eggs for her basket. And these darling adorable little chickies are a sweet bonus!  So I colored up my image using copic markers and added in glitter using my Spectrum Clear sparkle pen and used some glossy accents on her eyes and the eggs in the basket. Also added in some faux stitch lines for interest. I used my Scan-n-Cut to cut her out. Since I had the machine out, I decided to go ahead and cut out that Easter egg title and the two medium sized Easter eggs. These were images that were already loaded into the Scan-n-cut. Cute right? For the eggs, I just went ahead and adhered the pieces together and added some glitter and stitch lines.

The papers that I used are from My Mind's Eye & The Paper Studio. After I cut out my egg title, I adhered it so some watercolor wash pink paper and then fussy cut around it. I did this so that I could have a pop of color coming through on the letters. I also added some glitter to the inside of the letters. The word, "Happy" is a die from Lawn Fawn's "Happy Birthday die" that originally says, "happy birthday to you" but all I needed was the word "Happy". I added the glitter pen to this word, as well as some glossy accents. Once it was all dry, I added the "happy" to the center of the egg Easter title. Took my black fine tip pen and added faux stitch lines to the inside letters and to the eggs. I adhered everything down to a yellow watercolor wash paper that was die cut using the 2nd frame from Mama Elephant's "Window Party Dies" and then the yellow panel was adhered to the black panel which was cut using the largest frame from the same die set. I really wanted something simple as this card will be going to my daughter for Easter :)
Here are a few photos closer up so you can see the sparkle and glossy accents.

  

    
Well I hope you enjoyed my sweet Easter card showing off this awesome Sophie Easter image! Please remember to head on over to the LBBS Blog to check out the awesome projects that my design team sisters have created for you using March's New Release.  


Well thank you for stopping by today!
 I hope you have a wonderful, crafty day!
Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings~


7 comments:

  1. She is so adorable!! You've done some really gorgeous coloring on this image Jo! Thanks for sharing! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, Jo!! She's absolutely adorable!! I love the sparkle you added and the colors!! What a gorgeous Easter card this is!! So beautiful, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie Easter is precious!! I love the sparkle! The image is adorable!! Love the cute chicks!I love how pretty you colored her hair. I started practicing on the hair/skin as of today.Such a darling release!! You really did a wonderful job my friend!!
    Hugs & Love
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! I am loving the springlike weather we are having now except for all that polllen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo! I found your blog :) This is a very sweet card! Sophie is so cute! I'm amaze by the glossy accent on her eyes! It so realistic! And you're right the image does capture the innocence of young child. We used to raise chicken back when we were in refugee camp and this image bring back the memory of all the baby chicks I used to take care of as a child. Wishing you a lovely weekend ahead. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my.. She is a Sweet Image! Love the glitter & glossy eyes... Wonderful Easter Card!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~