home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ask Jo~ It's Talk Time Tuesday~



Hello my sweet friends!
Welcome back to another Talk time Tuesday! Boy is it cold outside! We are sitting at -15 degrees with 8 inches of snow on the ground. It snowed over night here and I am finally happy to have gotten some snow that will stay around for a few days. I hope that you are all staying inside and keeping warm. These frigid temps seem to be all around the globe. 

Okay so today's question comes from Diane who wants to know, " I am a 74 year old nana and I like to do paper crafts. I have just had my first class in decoupaging and now I want to tear up paper and decoupage everything. Have you ever did this before and could you teach me more?"

Well hello Diane! Congrats on taking a decoupaging class! Classes are fun, right? To answer your question, yes I have done some decoupaging. But gosh, I have not done this in years! Decoupaging was one of the first crafts that I took interest in before I learned about scrapbooking and cardmaking. I really enjoyed it. Now I would love to be able to say yes that I could teach you more but I do not teach any classes and I am sure that you could probably teach me something new that you learned from your class LOL. Hmmm.. but doing a bit of decoupaging doesn't seem so bad right now. It has been a long time and I have everything that I would need to do some. Just might have to email you Diane and share notes!! Thanks so much for writing in and I would love it if you could share what you have done so far!
For those of you who may not know what decoupaging is, here is a great website that will walk you through, step by step.  And here is a cool video for those of you who enjoy them! Decoupage Video. 

Let's try something fun! Let's all do some decoupaging!! Create something beautiful by decoupaging and link up using the linky below! This will be a great way to get some inspiration and it should be fun just to do a little something different than our normal paper craft. Let's see who will decoupage! See what you started Diane? LOL. I will have the link open until 2/21 until 6pm eastern time and I will even pick a winner using random.org to win a surprise mystery gift from me! I will announce the winner on 2/24.

Well friends, that is it for today. Please write in with questions you want answered or topics you would like to see talked about during our Tuesdays together :) 

 Thanks for stopping by and until next time.... Enjoy life's blessings~




6 comments:

  1. Awhile ago I did some decoupaging using a bottle, strips of paper & a picture of an Owl I placed on the front. Recently I did some decoupaging using ModPodge. I made a Valentine Tag for the Tim Holtz Feb challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't decoupaged in years either!! What a fun post!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Entered a postcard I decoupaged using Mod Podge and scrap pieces of scrapbook paper that has postcard pattern design.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not decoupaged in years and even then I didn't do it more than a few times.
    I was here earlier this week, followed the info link then forgot to come back to comment. yikes. lol.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    Designs by Dragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been very successful in my decoupaging with the popular mod podge and unfortunately I bought the biggest jar I could find... I found myself always getting a ton of bubbles and would end up ruining my project. However, a friend recently reminded me about Claudine Hellmuth's Matte Multi Medium by Ranger and she got beautiful results! She actually had run out and had to use Mod Podge for half of her project and the difference was remarkable. She was using it to apply patterned paper to her chipboard mini albums and it looked beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not think I would bee the only entry.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~